Sunday 25 December 2016

And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not

To all my friends, and anyone who reads this post, I wish you all the blessings of Christmas. I pray that your heart will know the glory of the incarnation on this holy day. With love, Naomi

Incarnation - The coming of God, the light, into his own creation, causing everything within to shine his reflected glory. 

My free time in October was dedicated to stitching the piece above, a meditation on the idea of incarnation.

In November, I spent every spare minute preparing for a craft fair that I organised with a few friends at my Dad's church (what do you do when you can't find a craft fair to sell at on the weekend you want? Organise your own!) We had lots of fun, and the parishioners at St John's in Crowborough were so welcoming. My talented friends ,Emma Wyton - Amazing illustrator, Caroline Armour - Crochet to the stars and Lauren Hawes - textile designer of incredible precision, put on a wonderful show... and if you're interested, we all take commissions!


No comments:

Post a Comment